Jesus said "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Hope Community Church exists...
to honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Hope Community Church ... Making disciples in Olympia and beyond.
We are a gospel community that takes the Great Commission seriously and has an eager expectation that Jesus will build His Church in our midst. Jesus said, “make disciples of all nations”. We see the call to discipleship applying to our local Church and extending to our nation and our world. This leads us to embrace the call of making disciples in Olympia and beyond.
What is a disciple? Look to the words of Jesus:
“Follow Me,” He told them, “and I will make you fish for people”! Matthew 4:19 (HCSB)
A DISCIPLE IS A FOLLOWER OF JESUS.
Jesus said, Follow me. A disciple of Jesus must follow Jesus. Jesus leads, we follow.
A DISCIPLE IS BEING CHANGED BY JESUS.
Jesus said, Follow me and I will make you fish for people. Jesus promised to equip them to be something that they were not.
A DISCIPLE EMBRACES THE MISSION OF JESUS.
Having been changed by Jesus, a disciple is moved to love people and tell them about Jesus. Therefore …
A disciple is someone who is following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and embraces the mission of Jesus.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven service
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Bible Centered teaching in all areas of ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Christ Centered Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Home Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families by providing strong children's, youth, and adult ministries