There are as many ways to volunteer and serve at Hope Community Church as there are people. After all, for those who are Christians, service to the body of Christ is a primary way that we live out the gospel message (Matthew 25:40).
As someone who is new to our Church, though, we want to serve you and see your spirit nurtured in this community before we ask anything of you. For that reason we encourage you to pursue membership and find out who we are before serving. We want you to commit to love this body, and we want to commit to love you in the same way. Then together we can discover the unique gifts and opportunities God has provided for you to serve this Church.
There are many ways you can Volunteer at HOPE. Take a look at the serving opportunities to find the best place for you! At Hope we believe that everyone has been called and equipped to participate in the work of God's Kingdom. Serving is one of the best ways to get connected at Hope! Find a ministry that looks like a good fit, fill out the short application, and we'll get you plugged in.
Children , Youth or Family
- Sunday School Teacher
- Sunday School Helper
- Nursery Volunteer
- Check-In Desk
Youth: Interested in working with our student ministry? We have several ways for you to get involved. From weekly gatherings to yearly retreats, we want to be a place for students to grow and learn about Jesus.
- Small Group Leaders
- Parent Event Helper
- Event Helper
- Meals for new moms, surgeries, illnesses, etc...
Sunday Morning - Usher, Greeter or Welcome Center
- Usher team - responsible for helping people to their seats if needed, checking the parking lot during the service, securing the offering from the offering boxes and generally being helpful to people.
- Greeters - stationed at the front doors welcoming people with kindness and a smile.
- Welcome Center - helping people find what they need, answering logistical questions, event registrations and more!
Sunday Morning - AVL or Worship
We are always looking for people to help with our Audio/Visual/Lighting (AVL) team on Sunday mornings and other events we host at Hope. We are looking for eager, reliable people, and we are willing to train you for the position if you have a passion to learn.
- Proclaim operator (presentation software)
- LiveStream and Lighting
If you have a passion for worship and are a musician or vocalist, and are interested in joining the team that leads Hope in worship during our weekend services, we would like to connect with you.
Facilities and Grounds
We occasionally have Saturday morning "all Church work days" and during the spring and summer we need people weekly for 1-2 hours to keep our grounds looking beautiful! We have options where you can come whenever your schedule allows and work on your own, or jump in on a day when others will be here working. Some of the things we need help with are:
- Irrigation troubleshooting and fine tuning during the summer months
- Sweeping sidewalks, general cleanup
- Occasional repairs in our facilities including plumbing, mechanical, painting, etc.